48% of Indian children are stunted and 43% of under fives are underweight. We have noticed that our Artisans not eating meals during the day choosing to work during their lunch break. Poor nutritional status and micronutrient deficiency leads to wasting, stunting, birth defects, developmental delay.
A monthly donation of $50 will:
- Employ a woman at risk or in prostitution to serve as the cook
- Nutritious protein rich meal served once daily for all artisans and children enrolled in education programs at SNF.
- Encourage and teach hand washing and food hygiene/clean preparation
- Teach proper nutrition rich diet components to all participants
- Implement weight and measure monitoring of the program
- Educated children and artisans on proper nutrition
- Cook with iodized salt in all feeding program meals
- Encourage early initiation of breastfeeding and prenatal care
- Supplementation to be considered for participants:
- Adolescent girls will receive iron and folic acid supplements weekly, deworming twice annually
- Any pregnant women will receive daily iron/folic acid supplement daily
In addition to grants and fundraising, Sewing New Futures is supported by individual donations from supporters like you! We are grateful for gifts of all sizes. Sewing New Futures is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. All donations are tax-deductible.